College of Business and Public Administration
Ph.D. Economics, University of New Hampshire
Principles of Macroeconomics (ECON 001, now ECON 010) Syllabus
Money and Banking (ECON 105) Syllabus
International Economics (ECON 130) Syllabus
China’s Business and Economic System (ECON 131) Syllabus
Intermediate Macroeconomics (ECON 174) Syllabus
Seminars for Professional Development -China’s Business and Economic System (BUS 200) Syllabus
- Zheng, Liping and Severe, Sean. (2016). “Teaching the Macroeconomic Effects of Tax Cuts with a Quasi-Experiment“. Economic Analysis and Policy, 51 (September), 55-65.
Shell, Hannah and Zheng, Liping. (2015). “The Interaction Effects of Globalization and Institutions on International Capital Flows.” International Journal of Economics and Finance, 7 (4) 12-22.
Zheng, Liping. (2015). “Does Purchasing Power Parity Hold for the German-US Real Exchange Rate? A Bayesian Dynamic Linear Model.” International Journal of Economics and Finance, 7 (2) 20-35.
Zheng, Liping and Zhang, Xiaohong. (2014). “Shareholder Say-on-Frequency Vote and CEO Compensation“, International Research Journal of Applied Finance, 5 (7) 909-926.
Zheng, Liping. (2013). “A Survey of the Empirical Difficulties of the Consumption Capital Asset Pricing Models.” Journal of Modern Economy and Management, 2 (1) 1-41.
Zheng, Liping. (2012). “Are Sovereign Credit Ratings Objective? A Tale of Two Agencies.” Journal of Applied Finance and Banking, 2 (5) 43-61.
CONFERENCES AND LECTURES
“Equity Premium During Bull and Bear Markets”, presented at the Southern Economic Association Meetings, Washington, DC, November 2011
“Shareholder Vote on Executive Compensation: Say-On-Frequency in the U.S.”, presented at the Missouri Valley Economic Association Meetings, Kansas City, MO, October 201
“Equity Premium under Heterogeneous Forecasts and Endogenous Prospect Theory: Empirical Evidence”, presented at the Southern Economic Association MeetingsCharleston, SC, November 200
“Heterogeneous Forecasts, Endogenous Loss Aversion and Excess Return in Stock Market”, presented at the Eastern Economic Association Meetings, Washington, DC., February 2004
“Reexamination of PPP: A Bayesian Approach”, presented at the Eastern Economic Association Meetings, New York City, NY, February 2003
Participant, Western Economic Association International Meetings, San Francisco, CA, June 2012
Discussant, “Corporate Decisions” session at the Southern Economic Association Meetings, Charleston, SC, November 2006
Discussant, “Financial Markets and Instruments: Agents, Choices, and Constraints session at the Eastern Economic Association Meetings, Washington, D. C., February 2004
Discussant, “PPP and Covered/Uncovered Interest Arbitrage” session at the Eastern Economic Association Meetings, New York City, NY, February 2003
Faculty research seminar:
Zheng, Liping. “EPA’s Toxic Release Inventory Program, Media Attention and Analysts’ Earnings Forecasts “ (Spring 2010).
Zheng, Liping. “Are Sovereign Ratings Objective? A Tale of Two Agencies” (Fall 2011).
- Economics Hiring Committee, 2010-2011, 2014-2015, 2015-2016
- Faculty Development Advisory Committee, 2010-2012
- Reviewer Ad hoc reviewer – Business and Economic Horizons
GRANTS, AWARDS, AND FELLOWSHIPS
- CBPA Summer Research Grant, Drake University, 2014
- Pre-Promotion Reassignment for Scholarship and Creative Activity, Drake University, Fall 2012
- Brooks Research Award, Drake University, 2011
- Drake University Research Grant, 2010-2011
- Dissertation Fellowship, University of New Hampshire, 2004-05
- Summer TA Fellowship, University of New Hampshire, 2002, 2003 and 2004
- Outstanding Graduate Student Teacher Award, University of New Hampshire, 2003-04, 2006-07
- Graduate School Travel Grant, University of New Hampshire, 2003-04, 06
- Research/Teaching Assistantships, University of New Hampshire, 2000-04
- Hua Wei Excellent Graduate Student Scholarship, University of International Business and conomics, 1997
- Excellent Student Scholarship, Jilin University, 1992-96
- Honorary Organizations: Omicron Delta Epsilon, Economics Honorary
- American Economic Association
- American Finance Association
- Eastern Economic Association
- Southern Economic Association